Social media is a powerful tool to help you grow your business. It can help you reach new audiences, increase brand awareness and boost sales. But if you want to make the most of social media in your holiday marketing campaigns, you need to plan. This article will show you how to take advantage of social media for effective holiday marketing campaigns:
Start with Last Year
Before launching your holiday marketing, look at last year’s campaign and see what worked and didn’t. Did you reach the target audience? What was the ROI? Were there any lessons learned that can help guide this year’s strategy? Look back on these questions to determine how successful your social media marketing has been so that you can improve upon it in the future.
The first step in creating a successful social media holiday campaign is to identify your audience. This may seem like an obvious statement, but you need to know exactly who you are trying to reach when it comes to marketing on social media. Identifying the right audience will help guide you through all other steps of developing your marketing strategy and ensure that all your efforts yielding the intended results.
Once you have identified who your target audience is, it’s essential to understand their needs and preferences, interests, and demographics. You also want to consider what types of content they consume online so that this can be incorporated into any future campaigns or promotions.
Choose the Most Effective Social Media Channels
It’s important to choose the social media channels that will work best for your brand, and it can take time to know where you should focus. When choosing the proper social channels, consider these things:
- What is your target demographic? Are they using this platform? If so, how often? Do they respond better to videos or images? Is there a specific type of content that resonates with them on this channel?
- How much time do you have to upload content? For example, if you only have an hour per week available but want to upload videos every weekday, then Instagram is probably not the best choice (unless those videos are quick and straightforward).
- What kind of content do users engage with most on each channel?
You want your content to stand out and get noticed. Make sure you are using high-quality images, videos, and various formats and colors. This can include square, landscape, and portrait pictures, bright colors or black & white photos. You may also want to use different fonts for your text to grab people’s attention even more.
Choose a Campaign Hashtag
Choosing a hashtag is an important part of your holiday marketing campaign. It helps to create a cohesive social media experience and brings together your brand’s followers.
A good hashtag should be:
- Relevant to your brand—This will help it stand out from other hashtags used by other companies, making it easier for consumers to find you online.
- Easy to remember—The fewer letters or characters in the hashtag, the better! People won’t want to type out something complicated whenever they want their friends or family members to see what they’re up to.
Run a Campaign
A social media marketing campaign is the perfect way to get your brand noticed, but it can take a lot of work to come up with a concept that stands out in the crowd. For example, you could run a contest on Facebook and give away some products or services in exchange for “likes” from your fans. Another option is giving special discounts and promotions on certain days of the week or month. You can also offer special rewards for people who post photos or videos using hashtags related to your company, such as #holidayfun or #holidaygiftguide.
If you’re not sure where to start when planning out your holiday marketing campaign strategy this year, we’ve got some tips on how you can make sure yours gets noticed:
- Be clear about what the goal of your campaign is before launching it! Clear goals will help keep everyone focused on achieving them instead of getting sidetracked by other projects.
- Make sure everything about this project is measurable, meaning that there’s some way for people who participate (or don’t participate) to know whether they were successful at reaching their goal(s).
Agency Partner Interactive
With the right tools and strategies, you can make your brand shine year-round. If you feel your marketing could use a little boost, look no further than the digital marketing experts at Agency Partner Interactive. We’ve been helping small and large businesses in all industries achieve exponential growth, and we can help yours do the same! Reach out for your free consultation and proposal today!