Halloween is one of the most popular holidays on social media. People love posting photos and videos of their costumes, but brands can also use this holiday to increase engagement with their followers. Here are some great ideas for Halloween social media marketing campaigns:
Host a contests
You can generate buzz by running a contest that gives away a prize. The most important thing is to make it easy for people to enter and share with their friends, so you’ll need to use a social media management tool designed for your needs. One example of these tools is Woobox, which offers features such as sweepstakes and giveaways (you can find similar options by searching “contest” in your favorite app store).
Post a quiz
Quizzes are a great way to get your followers involved and engage with your brand. They’re also an excellent way to collect data, which is invaluable when it comes to marketing your business.
A quiz can be as simple or complex as you want it to be! You can create a basic multiple-choice quiz using Google Forms, or if you’d like something more elaborate, there are many custom tools available, like ActiveCampaign. The most important aspect of having a quiz is to collect customer information. You should link the results to a call-to-action, whether that’s on your website, an email capture, or straight into your lead nurture sequences.
Once the quiz is created, share it on social media! It’s important to remember that one of the primary purposes of having a quiz is to collect customer information. You should link the results to a call-to-action, whether that’s on your website, an email capture, or straight into your lead nurture sequences.
Share a video
Sharing a video is a great way for your brand to connect with customers on social media this Halloween. Videos are an engaging way to educate, inform, and inspire your audience. You can use the following tips to help you create and share a compelling video:
- Share information about your new product or service
- Use the holiday to promote an event or sale
- Share information about your organization’s mission and values so that people know why they should support you
The best way to get people’s attention on social media is to share something that will make them laugh. GIFs are an easy way to do just that, as they’re more likely to get a reaction than text or an image.
Halloween is the perfect occasion for sharing animated GIFs because they’re versatile, fast, and can encompass a range of emotions and memes. You can use them in your posts, replies, and comments—and with so many options available, you can easily find the perfect one that conveys your message.
Use Halloween hashtags
Hashtags can be great for your brand. They help you create a community, engage with people, and discover content you might not have seen otherwise.
You may already be aware that hashtags are used on social media to bring together people with common interests—but did you know that hashtags are also a great way to build your brand? As the holidays approach, we’ve rounded up some of our top tips for creating an excellent hashtag campaign for Halloween!
- Use a specific hashtag relating to the Halloween campaign you’re running. Seasonal incentives are more likely to appeal to consumers when there is a sense of urgency, whether a sale or giveaway.
- If you have a loyal follower base, ask them to share photos using your products or engaging with your services with a specific hashtag. You can run a contest based on the best post and giveaway prizes or deals to turn potential customers into paying ones.
- When running a seasonal social media campaign with a festive hashtag, always include your generic brand hashtag as well. This drives traffic to your posts, website, and content, keeping your brand top of mind long after the holidays are over.
Repost user-generated content
Reposting user-generated content is a great way to build trust with your audience. Fostering an online community and engaging with them through reposts shows that your brand cares about your customers and is highly effective in building customer loyalty
User-generated content allows you to tap into the creativity of your community and attract new customers. If someone posts something on Instagram, they can tag your brand so you can share it on your feed. This is a win-win for you and the content creator since they’ll receive broader exposure for their work, and your brand reputation will go through the roof.
Most of tips can be used year-round!
- With simple adjustments, you can reuse Halloween social media tactics for different holidays and occaisions or to boost promotions and sales.
- Regardless of your industry and budget, social media marketing for Halloween is a fun, relatively simple concept to help you boost sales, loyalty, and customer acquisition.
With that in mind, it’s important to remember that social media marketing is an ongoing process that requires consistency and constant improvements. While Halloween is a great time to get creative on social media, you’ll need to maintain a dynamic online presence year-round to see real results.
Agency Partner Interactive
Whether you’re just starting social media or looking to revamp your strategy, the digital marketing experts at Agency Partner can help. As an award-winning internet marketing agency, we create effective social media campaigns that drive conversions, generate brand awareness, and increase engagement regardless of your budget. Speak with a digital marketing expert today!