We’ve seen a massive influx of websites and apps that use micro-interactions, machine learning, and artificial intelligence (AI) to create a seamless user experience. Almost every website or app you use today has been designed with one or more of these UX/UI trends. Although many businesses are still trying to get the hang of it all, some trends have already proven their worth — and will only become more critical in the coming years:
- Immersive Scrolling
Immersive scrolling combines two design trends: parallax scrolling and infinite scroll. Parallax scrolling happens when two or more layers scroll at different speeds, creating a 3D effect for your website visitor.
Infinite scroll adds another dimension to the experience by allowing users to scroll beyond the bottom of a page and load more content as they go. This can be used with parallax scrolling to create an immersive user experience that keeps users engaged with your site.
- 3D and Animated Visual Elements
3D and animated visual elements are becoming more popular because they can create a more captivating experience for your visitors. They can show product features or highlight key information, but the most important thing about 3D and animated visuals is that they’re entertaining for your audience.
Your website visitors will appreciate the effort you put into making their experience as enjoyable as possible, even if it only lasts for a few seconds, so keep this trend at the top of your mind when designing your 2023 marketing strategy!
- Increased Accessibility
Accessibility is a legal requirement for many websites and is an excellent way to boost customer satisfaction.
Accessibility is essential for everyone, but it’s especially vital for people with disabilities. That doesn’t mean you need to build an accessible website from scratch. You can start making your site more accessible by following some simple UX design principles:
- Empathy: understand the needs of your audience and their concerns when interacting with your brand or website.
- User research: this step is an essential part of design and development, but it’s equally important for creating accessible designs. It’s imperative to reach out to a diverse audience, ensuring you are considering individuals with varying cognitive and physical needs. After you understand these concerns, you can resolve their issues with innovative and helpful solutions.
- Inclusivity: this aspect is critical for today’s consumers. They want to work with a brand that ensures all audiences feel heard and seen. Individuals with disabilities must be brought into the fold when designing a holistic web and mobile experience.
- Navigation: ensuring your website is mobile-friendly is crucial for all audiences, specifically for accessibility purposes. It’s important to give users multiple navigational options. If some users need assistive devices, UI/UX designs need to consider how that impacts their interaction and provide solutions for how users can control how they interact with your site.
- Personalization Tools
Personalization tools are all about making your website more relevant to your customers. It’s a way of creating a more personalized experience for the user by providing them with content tailored specifically to their interests and needs, creating an individualized experience for every visitor.
Many different personalization methods are available, from simple cookies that track users across multiple devices and sessions to sophisticated AI-powered machine learning algorithms. But no matter which method(s) you choose, it’s important that they give each visitor an individualized experience while also providing value. The goal should always be to ensure that the website is relevant to the user.
2. Dark and Anti-Light Modes
Your customers may have experienced eye strain and fatigue from using your website or app. To help them, you can create a “dark mode” option. Dark mode removes bright backgrounds and makes the text on your site easier to read.
Additionally, if you have visitors with low vision or color blindness, a darker color scheme can offer easier access to your site/app content without straining their eyesight.
Agency Partner Interactive as Your UI/UX Design Agency
In summary, UX/UI has become essential to every business’s digital presence in the modern age. It can help you keep up with your competitors, build customer loyalty, attract more audiences, and generate revenue.
As an award-winning website design and development company, Agency Partner Interactive’s design team can help you create a compelling, inclusive digital presence catered to your audience base. We work to understand your users and build responsive, meaningful, and satisfying experiences for all users. Get your free proposal today!