All Blogs,Digital Marketing, - October 13, 2020
Automated Email Campaigns for ECommerce Marketing
Expert Tips For Automated Email Campaigns for ECommerce Marketing
Of all the digital marketing channels you have available to you in 2020, email marketing for Ecommerce still delivers the best ROI. A study by VentureBeat reported that companies like yours can achieve up to a 300% ROI through email marketing, with the average company making $38 for every $1 invested into email marketing campaigns.
Automated emails are a great way to create branded messages to follow your leads and customers throughout your sales funnel. But how do you create automated emails that will increase customer engagement and drive more sales?
As a digital marketing agency and email marketing experts, we’re here to tell you three of our favorite types of campaigns Ecommerce businesses like yours should be running to increase sales, nurture leads, and boost your brand.
- Create an Automated Email Series for Shoppers Who Abandoned Their Carts
As an Ecommerce company, you know that most of your store’s shopping carts are abandoned. In fact, a recent study showed that 81.4% of online shopping carts are abandoned. But don’t worry, you can still capture this potential revenue through an automated email series that you send to shoppers who left their carts without buying.
In fact, it’s estimated that digital marketing efforts including email marketing for Ecommerce help online retailers regain 63% of initially lost sales.
We suggest that you send at least three automated emails to shoppers who abandoned their carts at 24 hours, 48 hours, and 72 hours after their cart abandonment. Your email messages might look something like this:
- Email 1: Remind shoppers about the product they didn’t purchase.
- Email 2: Gently refute objections that shoppers may have had about your non purchased product, such as ensuring its quality, affordability, need for the product, luxuriousness, etc.
- Email 3: Provide an incentive for purchasing, such as a discount or a free gift. We recommend you A/B test both types of offers to see which option best converts shoppers to purchasers.
You don’t have to necessarily stop at 3 reminder emails. Depending on your product and the assets you have to support and promote – such as images, videos, testimonials, etc. – you could send even more valuable automated emails to capture your abandoned cart revenue.
- Create a Welcome Email Series to Your New Subscribers to Make Them Feel Like a Part of Your Tribe
When you successfully get customers or potential customers to opt-in to your email marketing list, you want to make sure they feel welcomed. To do this, we recommend Ecommerce companies create Welcome email series to thank subscribers for giving you their emails, introduce them to your brand, help them find more ways to connect to you and market your products to them.
Your Welcome email series might include a number of messages that:
- Thank people for joining your email list and reinforce your brand and its presence to make them feel like they’re a part of something special. If you have lots of customers, this may mean you share that number in your email so that you reinforce your brand’s market penetration. If your Ecommerce company is just starting out, create branded messages that tell your subscribers they’re a part of something new and exciting.
- Give email subscribers another way to connect with you and consume your content. Chances are if a person has chosen to give you their email address, they’re also willing to follow you on social media to receive more frequent brand messages too.
- Introduce products to your subscribers and give them an incentive to purchase. Just make sure to A/B test your purchasing incentives so you can optimize your offers.
Whatever you decide to do, the most important tip we can give you regarding email marketing for Ecommerce is to accurately set expectations. In your brand’s voice, tell email readers you’ll be following up with them shortly about more relevant information they won’t want to leave sitting unopened in their inboxes.
- Send Lead Nurturing Emails
Marketing 101 tells us to never leave a lead unattended. As an Ecommerce company, you need to nurture your leads to make their initial purchases and repeat purchases. And email marketing is a great way to do exactly that!
At our digital marketing agency, we help our clients create lead nurturing email series that:
- Educate subscribers about our clients’ products and topics related to those products. And when you think about what type of content to write, remember, the sky’s the limit! If you sell backpacks, for example, don’t think all you can do is write about its product specifications. Write compelling content about why you need your backpack and what you can use it for, such as storing your laptop as you commute to work and back, going hiking, being the perfect personal item when traveling, etc.
- Introduce subscribers to our clients’ brand and values. This may include sharing a branded video, introducing them to people at our clients’ company, or sharing information about corporate stewardship. For example, think about how the shoemaker, Tom’s, leverages their corporate stewardship of giving away one pair of shoes for every pair sold or allowing you to direct a portion of the proceeds from your purchase to your chosen cause, to build up its brand image.
- Use storytelling to create memorable messages. Whether our emails follow a specific customer (real or fictional) or one of our client’s employees, we create messages that tell a brand and product story to connect with email subscribers.
- Increase customer engagement based on website activity. Email automation allows us to better nurture leads by sending the most relevant content to them based on how they’ve interacted with our clients on their websites.
You Can Trust Us as Your Email Marketing Experts
As a digital marketing agency that helps several Ecommerce companies create compelling content for email subscribers, we’re a digital marketing company you can trust. Whether you want us to create the types of campaigns we listed above, or you need to engage new customers, make content for repeat customers, create email receipts that include an ask or a new way to connect with your brand, or reconnect with recently lost customers, we can help.
Simply call us today at (214) 295-5845.
Not big on reading? That’s okay. Watch “Automated Email Campaigns for ECommerce Marketing” instead.
Using the power of Artificial Intelligence, we turned this blog into a video for you. Check it out below!