All Blogs,Digital Marketing, - October 14, 2022
Email Marketing Ideas & Tips for Halloween
Halloween is one of the most popular holidays in America and has become an international sensation over the last few years. As a result, it’s no surprise that marketers are capitalizing on this trend with festive email campaigns and promotions—especially since more than half of all Americans plan to celebrate Halloween by sending or receiving emails! In this blog post, we’ll explore some unique ideas on how to start incorporating Halloween into your email marketing efforts. Read on to learn more!
- Halloween colors: orange, black, purple, and green
- Halloween fonts: fun typography to reinforce the theme
- Halloween images: Anything with a spooky theme that you can get for free online or via subscription services like Shutterstock will work perfectly here (you can even get away with just using the images of pumpkins). Just be sure to pick something that doesn’t look too over the top so your emails still look professional.
Your email marketing strategy for Halloween should be fun and playful, but it must also keep your audience in mind. Be careful not to go too far with the humor. If you think a joke is funny, others might not find it humorous.
To get started with a funny email campaign, here are some ideas:
- Tell a story that has a funny punchline at the end. This will keep readers engaged until they reach the final line.
- Have someone on your team write out some funny ghost stories or scary ghost legends using their own words, and then include them in your email marketing campaign as an aside when discussing how much people love horror movies during this time of year.
- Include a photo of your employees dressed up so that your brand seems relatable and fun.
Your email subscribers are interested in your products and services, so you need to give them a reason to buy. Consider offering a coupon code or discount in an email blast or sharing information about seasonal recipes, DIY projects, and life hacks that appeal to your target audience.
If you have loyal customers who already know and love your brand, it’s worth considering sending out an exclusive invitation to join you for pre-Halloween festivities!
It’s not difficult to get into the Halloween spirit, but knowing how to make your emails look scary can be tricky. Luckily, we’ve gathered some of the best tips and tricks to help you create your own Halloween email campaign.
Use a Halloween-themed template: If you’re sending out an email blast, try using a Halloween theme for your template! You can find tons of free templates online that are perfect for this time of year. They have hundreds of templates to choose from—perfect for any occasion, including Halloween!
Use a Halloween image: If you don’t want or need a custom template, use one with an idea that fits the season. This will instantly give off an eerie vibe while making sure people don’t mistake it for junk mail. Make sure whatever format or images you use are adaptable for multiple screens. This way, all of your content is readable with functional links to get them to convert.
The most crucial aspect of successful email marketing is building a solid relationship with your customer base. You should always keep this in mind when sending an email blast, and every effort you make should provide value to your subscribers, helping you build trust.
One way to do this is by giving something away for free or at a discount as part of your Halloween email marketing strategy. You could offer coupons or discounts on products that are already available or give away freebies (such as an eBook) in exchange for their information.
Make it Interactive
- This is the season to be spooky, and you can create a hauntingly good email marketing campaign with these four interactive suggestions:
- Include a call-to-action (CTA): Use this as an opportunity to increase sales by promoting your products or services. For example, if you sell costumes and accessories, include a CTA offering discounts on those products.
- Ask fun questions for your readers and encourage them to respond in some way—whether through an answer or acting on one of your CTAs, such as purchasing something through an online store link included in the email promotion.
- Include a poll question relating to Halloween themes so recipients can choose between a few options. While these questions should relate to Halloween, it’s crucial to involve your brand in some way, so it stays relevant to your objectives.
- Offer something unique that isn’t available during any other time of year (e.g., free shipping on orders over $50).
Make it Personalized
This one is self-explanatory, but it’s worth mentioning that personalization shouldn’t be an afterthought. The more you can make your emails seem like they’re coming from a real person, the better they’ll perform. You should use data to your advantage by segmenting your list and creating customized content using information about their interests and preferences. This will make your offers more relevant and increase their likelihood of being opened.
We hope these tips help get your creative juices flowing for spooky season. Remember to always keep in mind how your audience feels about the subject matter at hand, and if they will react positively or negatively when they see what kind of tone or style is being used in an email.
If you need an extra push, the digital marketing experts at Agency Partner Interactive can help. Our email marketing team can create unique and engaging email campaigns through simple automation and personalization to achieve your brand goals. Contact us today to learn more!